Monday, February 20, 2017

Materials Chosen for Bathroom Upgrades

Hello everyone!

This past weekend my husband and I went to Floor and Decor and bought the materials needed for our bathroom renovations. 




 We're updating our master bathroom and hall bathroom.  We've already installed granite counters with under mount sinks and new mirrors.  

We need to repaint the cabinets (in the same color) since they haven't been painted since they were originally installed 21 years ago!  I'm not looking forward to that.  But it will be nice to give them a fresh coat of paint.  


 We also just replaced a hanging light fixture with this French style chandelier.  It is the smaller version of what is in my family room.



We are replacing our white square ceramic tile flooring with porcelain tiles that look like wood planks.  They're in a greyish taupe color that make me think of driftwood.



Our shower walls will be tiled in subway tile with dark grout.


The floor in the shower will be done in this small circular shape with matching grout. 


Then we will have a niche  built into the wall of the shower to hold shampoo bottles etc.  It will look similar to this.

We will be putting bead board on the front of our tub.  It will look similar to this.



In our upstairs hall bath, we will be replacing the vinyl flooring with this ceramic tile.


My sister has this in one of her bathrooms and I fell in love with it.  It's a basket weave pattern in black and white.

There are so many material choices for bathrooms!  This is the first time I've ever shopped for these before.  I'm hopeful that the rooms will come together as I envision them.  I stuck with mostly classic designs so hopefully that will help.

Last year, we painted the walls grey and replaced the cabinet hardware, lighting, and fixtures.  Our shower enclosure was also replaced.  This year we are replacing flooring, counters, sinks and tile.  Then our bathrooms should be fully updated.

We expect to get this started a week from today!

Hope you'll stick around to see the outcome.

~ Kelly ~

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your choices and Floor & Decor is my favorite store. They have everything.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love all of your choices! Can't wait to see them all finished.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Love everything Kelly! It's a good idea to stick with classics when redoing a bath, and your choices fit the bill.

Stacey said...

This is going to be perfect!

Pondside said...

I'll be watching with interest! I love the floor tiles you've chosen for both rooms. I haven't seen the basket weave pattern up here. I might have to take a trip down to WA to find it. Do you mind telling us where you found it?

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I just saw that porcelain tile that looks like wood in a model home last weekend. I was literally swooning over it! Nice choice! Can't wait to see all the upgrades!

This N That said...

Good choices Kelly..I can't wait to see the finished project..We had those porcelain floors in our bathroom years ago..love the look..Tempting to do it here but it would cost too much even though it's a small bathroom...

Brenda Pruitt said...

Great choices, Kelly! My poor bathroom is just sitting there...
Brenda

Katie Mansfield said...

How fun. Gorgeous choices. I can't wait to see the finished result.

Christine at Little Brags said...

Kelly that driftwood looking flooring for your bathroom is the absolute bomb. I love it!!! Can you tell me a bit more about it? Is it spendy and what is is called ???? MUAHHHHHH drooling over that floor!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, lucky you! Your choices are just what I would choose if I were to replace our dated bathroom tile. It's going to be a mess, but SO worth it in the end!