Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How to Make an Impressive Lavender Display

Hello everyone!

Remember when I took you shopping with me last weekend?  I found that wonderful lavender display that was created with faux lavender from Hobby Lobby.  I briefly explained how it was done, but thought I would show you with pictures too.  I already had some of the faux lavender on hand and wanted to make mine look as good as the one I saw.  


So I started with this container.


Then I added some grocery sacks to fill it up just a bit, since my container was so deep.


Then I used some of this (purchased at Hobby Lobby with coupon). It came with several blocks in the pkg.


I placed some on top of the grocery sacks.  


Then I made sure to spread out the flowers on each of these stems to get a fuller look.  They start off looking like this.


I poked each stem down into the foam blocks making sure to angle them near the edge of the container.

When done, it looked like this!  This looks pretty full with only using 4 flower bushes too.


What I find the foam blocks do, that the plain grocery sacks don't do by themselves, is it allows you to control the angle of the flowers and keeps them secure.  That's what allowed me a fuller look using fewer flowers than normal.  

I did the same thing in my foyer with the flowers in my olive bucket.


  

So there you have it!  A lush display that didn't cost a fortune.  

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Kelly ~

31 comments:

Linda said...

Love it!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

And it looks marvelous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kelly.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

looks wonderful. I'm hoping to duplicate it so thankful for the great info.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks great!

Deserae said...

Beautiful!!!! I have never seen the faux lavender before, I'll have to look for some.
~Des

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your arrangement tips with us.

Susie said...

Kelly, I am absolutely getting me some of that faux lavender.:):) I love it in the basket and the olive bucket. I think I could get a bucket like that at Horton's n town....I have seen them there. Blessings for a beautiful spring day. xoxo,Susie

Bliss said...

Is it just the photos are does that look so real it fools you when you walk by too?

Gail said...

So pretty Kelly! Where do you find your faux lavender? It looks so real. I have the real and it's messy!! Happy Easter to you and your family, Gail

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It looks gorgeous.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

They both look beautiful!!

Ron said...

Nothing better than lavender....Well? Maybe real one!!! LOL! Happy Easter to you and yours!

TheMoonAndMe said...

I Love HL's lavender...it actually looks pretty real. I have some in a wire basket with a liner...but I really really love your wicker on with handles. It's awesome!
Kelly

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

It looks wonderful! I like that you had lots of pics in your tutorial too. Hope you have a nice Easter weekend! Would you believe I STILL make Easter baskets filled with candy for my boys? Lol! I better get to the store and buy my Easter candy before it's all gone. :)

cynthia lee designs said...

So pretty!! I saw some lavender like yours at my favorite shop and thought about getting some, but then I thought about my rotten puppies and I'm pretty sure that they would try to chew it on...unless I can find a place up high to put it. Rotten puppies!!
Wishing you a blessed Easter.
~Cindy

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

both turned out to look amazing!! I have seen that green foam even at the $tree. I will need to pick some up next time I go

White Lace and Promises said...

Kelly, love lavender. Love the olive bucket.

Art and Sand said...

I have never used faux flowers. How real do they look? I usually try to have a few lavender plants in the house, but wouldn't mind trying some faux if they look good.

Leslie said...

Those baskets come in handy time and time again. Such a great idea! Who doesn't enjoy lavender around the house?:) Thanks for sharing.

leslie

NanaDiana said...

Okay- That is INDEED impressive. I love GOOD faux flowers but not the cheap ones that look like frayed imitations. Love your projects here! xo Diana

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I want both of them! Gorgeous! I need to buy some lavender. So pretty.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Great job- they both look wonderful!

Christine at Little Brags said...

lovin all your buckets and baskets....so beautiful Kelly

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

I recently purchased a beautiful basket for my front bow window and have been trying to decide what I'd like to put in it. I think lavender would be perfect!! Thanks for the tip!!! : )

~ Wendy

Cynthia said...

Loving this and how realistic does this look??? Love that basket and I have used the plastic bag trick quite a few times as I'm sure all of us have, Happy Easter!!!

Cynthia

This N That said...

Thanks Kelly..I can smell it from here...

Holly said...

YIPPEE!!! I have an olive bucket that I need to update for spring/summer! I'm doing this today!! Thanks for your inspiration. :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love them both..they look fantastic...great job Kelly!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Lovely lush lavender! Looks so pretty!

Anne said...

Love it Kelly! I do the same thing,sometime newspaper or books work too.In my kitchen I had to use things to add height because you would not see the things displayed if I didn't lol!
xx
Anne