Saturday, October 29, 2011

Eating and Shopping

I went out to eat with my mom and sister to celebrate my birthday.  It's on Monday, but we got together early. I brought my camera along to document the day and share it with you.  We went to Macaroni Grill for lunch and I had my favorite dish called Shrimp Portofino.  Yum!


I order this every time I go there.  It has shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, pine nuts and angel hair pasta covered in a lemon butter sauce.  Oh my word!!!  To die for! 

After we left the restaurant we went to a couple of shops.  One of them is my favorite antique store called Queen of Hearts.  They have several locations.  This one is in Alpharetta.  It is the one closest to my house.

Here I am, with camera in hand, snapping pics for you all to see.


As soon as we walked in the door we stopped at my favorite booth and I fell in love with this cabinet (including everything that was inside it).


It was hard to walk away from it and not just haul it out to a truck that could take it to my house.  (Afterall, it was very close to the front door)  Do you think anyone would've noticed me doing that?  You see the problem with this cabinet is the ginormous price!!!  Are you ready?  How much do you think this cabinet costs?   It's over $1800!  Yikes!  So, folks, it's still sitting in the store in case one of you would like to buy it, cause I can't at the moment.  Ha!  Here's one more shot just because I loved it so much.


I also enjoyed many other booths.  Let's look around, shall we?







I will have to make this a 2-part post since there are so many pictures.  I will post the 2nd half tomorrow.  As you can see, there was plenty of good stuff to choose from.

So, come back here tomorrow to see the rest.  Hope you're having a great Saturday.

~ Kelly ~


23 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for letting me tag along with you! I enjoyed it!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Happy Early Birthday!! It looks like a wonderful shop. Just my kind!

marie said...

I love that cabinet too. It looks similar to one in PB and Restoration. I love the finish. I am saving the picture of this cabinet and sending it on over to my hubby. Thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Now that's my kind of shop! Martina

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday (does that make your birthday the same day as Halloween? Cool.) That looks like a fun place to shop with so much to see.

Babs said...

Hey Happy Birthday, Kelly! Your birthday lunch looks awesome and what a fun place to shop.I get visually overloaded at Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, but I love it and it's a great place to shop. Have a great weekend and a great birthday on Monday.
Babs

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun way to spend a day and what beautiful sights. :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

My food shots are a blur. Darn good camera. I didn't have the settings right. I do have lots of store shots though. It was fun and I went back just now for my goody that I didn't get yesterday!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Kelly!! Happy "Early" Birthday!! This is just too much eye-candy for words!! Were you just drooling all over yourself??! LOL! That cabinet is just gorgeous! I could so see it in your home!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!

I would love to have that cabinet too. It is wonderful!

This looks like a great shop to browse! Looking forward to more pictures.

d e l i g h t said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! That looks like a great place to shop! I agree, that piece is beautiufl but pricey!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Kelly,

Happy Birthday!!!

What a lovely day you had and your lunch looked delicious...
I hope you had a good day.
That mirror is just gorgeous!! Lovely photos of the store. I would love to shop there!
All the Best,
Christine

Andrea said...

We're both Halloween babies, well, my Bday is tomorrow, so pretty close =) That store looks amazing. I'd be tempted by that cabinet, even at that price...it's gorgeous!

Amy Chalmers said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Looks like you had a fun shopping day~I am quite sure you found something to bring home to mark your b'day!! That store looked incredible!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kelly, What a wonderful shop! I see lots I would love to take home. Happy Birthday and I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow.
Hugs,
Sherry

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I always had a good time shopping there with my sis, but she now lives in Hilton Head. Happy Birthday!!

Blessings,
Linda

Debbiedoos said...

Happy early Birthday Kelly! YUMMY on that dish too. Looks like a fun fun day.

Michele Smith said...

Happy early Birthday Kelly.
That shop looks fabulous!!! I so need to find a place like that around here. I would be in the "zone" for hours!
Looks like you had a fun day!

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Wow I love the booths you took pictures of...fabulous stuff! Hope you had a lovely day out for your birthday!

xoxo
Rachel :)

All That Glitters said...

I have got to come to Atlanta, so you girls can show me around!

All That Glitters said...

I have got to come to Atlanta, so you girls can show me around!

Tanna said...

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Mine is coming up this week, too! ;)

Bonnie said...

Enjoyed the tour. I am a new follower. Your birthday sounds like such fun with your mother and sister.